Compassion is at the core of what we do at MITER Brands. Formed in 2015 through MI Windows and Doors, our nonprofit MITER Foundation enables us to work locally and nationally to identify community needs while supporting causes and people closest to our hearts.
Windows of opportunity for a brighter future
Together with our MI and Milgard brands, we take a people-first approach that transcends our business and helps ensure a better future for others. Our local outreach work includes fundraising initiatives and events for groups.
Formed in 2015, the MITER Foundation was born out of a sense of care and compassion from the MI Windows and Doors team. Over the years, the MITER Foundation has expanded from local charities to a nationwide presence.
We partner with organizations to drive our MITER Brands people-first culture in communities throughout the country.
We deploy committees within our organization to research, plan and execute fundraising initiatives to support the local and national organizations.
You can help us support all of our important local and national causes below by donating today.
Email us to stay in touch and learn about volunteer opportunities at local events in our communities.
Our MITER Foundation team members put in time, talents, and funding into bettering our local communities.
- Donate food and volunteer time at local food banks.
- We hold clothing and food drives throughout the year.
- We volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, Ronald McDonald Charities and area hospitals.
- Our foundation committee holds fundraisers for local individuals and families in need.
- We seek out partnerships with local aid groups to assist in causes and relief efforts in our areas.
We work with charities that support both veterans and active-duty military family members.
- Homes for Our Troops builds adaptable housing for soldiers wounded in post-9/l1 combat. The MITER Foundation donates windows to these homes, and our team members regularly volunteer at construction sites.
- Veterans Airlift Command provides free air travel to injured veterans and their family members. The MITER Foundation helps provide funding needed for volunteer pilots and aircraft.
- Our foundation donates money to veterans causes when employees wear their R E.D. (Remember Everyone Deployed) shirts.
- We regularly send care packages to deployed soldiers.
Children are our future, and the MITER Foundation allows us to do our part in improving the outcomes and quality of life for those children and their families.
- We help raise money for Alex's Lemonade Stand, which funds pediatric cancer research.
- We volunteer our time and raise money for Boys' & Girls' Club chapters throughout the country.
- We participate in "snack pack” programs that provide take-home foods for needy children.
- We offer financial support and donations for organizations like Toys for Tots.
- We volunteer with local children's hospitals and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Cancer affects many, and the MITER Foundation strives to help those affected by all types of the disease, as well as groups committed to pediatric cancer research.
- We donate money and raise awareness for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- We provide ongoing financial support to children's cancer research through St. Jude in Memphis and Children’s Medical Center in Dallas.
- We work with Four Diamonds, a nonprofit that provides financial aid to families that have a child affected by cancer.